Two component, slightly toughened, low viscosity epoxy system
- Suitable for bonding, sealing, coating, encapsulation and casting
- Conforms to FDA Chapter 1, Section 175.105 for indirect food applications
- Cures at room temperature
- Serviceable from -65°F to +250°F
Master Bond EP21LV-1 is a two component, lower viscosity epoxy system for high performance bonding, sealing, coating, encapsulation and casting. It is formulated to cure readily at room temperature or more quickly at elevated temperatures. It has a very forgiving two to three mix ratio by weight. This gives it more toughness than the standard version which is EP21LV. The two to three mix ratio allows for enhanced mechanical and shock resistance as well as thermal cycling capabilities when compared to the standard material. EP21LV-1 produces high strength, durable bonds which hold up well to thermal cycling and resists many chemicals including water, oils, fuels, acids, bases and salts. It is serviceable over the wide temperature range of -65°F to +250°F. It bonds well to a variety of substrates including metals, glass, ceramics, wood, rubbers and many plastics. Once cured, EP21LV-1 is an outstanding electrical insulator. This, coupled with its low viscosity, makes it an excellent encapsulating and potting epoxy. It meets FDA requirements for indirect food contact. EP21LV-1 contains no solvents or diluents. The color of Part A is clear and Part B is amber. EP21LV-1 is a versatile system that can be used in a number of industries, including aerospace, electronic, specialty OEM, among others.
- Convenient mixing: non-critical two to three mix ratio by weight
- Easy application: only contact pressure required while curing; adhesive spreads readily
- Ambient temperature cures or fast elevated temperature cures as required
- High bond strength to a wide variety of substrates
- Superior physical strength properties
- Good electrical insulation properties; ideal for potting and encapsulation
- Enhanced toughness
EP21LV-1 is available is various sizes and units to accommodate customer's needs.